Re: Compiling Sane

Morris R. Bannerman (mbanner@xmission.com)
Sat, 26 Dec 1998 09:37:51 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij@caiw.nl>
To: sane-devel@mostang.com <sane-devel@mostang.com>
Cc: caldera-users@rim.caldera.com <caldera-users@rim.caldera.com>
Date: Saturday, December 26, 1998 1:26 AM
Subject: Re: Compiling Sane

>On Fri, 25 Dec 1998, Morris R. Bannerman wrote:
>

>Wouldn't it be nice to know what error? We now have no way at all to tell
>you what is going on. Because we don't have a shred of of a clue.
>
>Hugo.

Ok, Here are more details:

1) Extract tarball to /root/Downloads/sane-1.00

2) ./configure

3) Add the umax patch from a command line from /root/downloads/umax-patch
with the following command: cpsane /root/Downloads/sane-1.00 (cpsane is a
small batch executable in the umax-patch directory)

4) make

Here are the last two lines of the compile before it stops:

Make [1] : leaving directory `/root/Downloads/sane-1.00/backends`
Make *** [ all recursive] Error 1

As I say I have altered the Backends Makefile and Makefile.in but I always
end at this point