Re: Ok. Now what? ...after following the steps...

aRtsCi - Nikos Diamandis (artsci@freemail.gr)
Sat, 26 Dec 1998 15:27:39 +0200

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Dec 1998, aRtsCi - Nikos Diamandis wrote:
>
> > Actually I've asked so many questions without actually having searched much.
> > But now I've wandered to find something and come up to nothing... I'm talking
> > 'bout the installation of SE6000SP with it's DTC3181E SCSI interface card.
> > Ok, I've done everything guys:
> > - successfully patched the 2.0.36 source files with mustek-scsi-patch-0.6
> > (which finaly was the actual MAJOR step forward) and followed it's orders...
> > - compiled the kernel with scsi support (+ low level Generic NCR5380) modular
> > - set up the neccessary files and lilo and reboot
> > - written:
> > insmod scsi_mod
> > insmod g_NCR5380 ncr_addr=0x0240 dtc_3181e=1
> > (0x0240 is the address I've ordered the card to work at through
> > /etc/isapnp.conf and isapnp tool)
> > - And finally got this message:
> >
> > scsi0 : interrupts not enabled. for better interactive performance,
> > scsi0 : please jumper the board for a free IRQ.
> > scsi0 : at port 0x240 interrupts disabled options CAN_QUEUE=16 CMD_PER_LUN=2
> > release=1 generic options AUTOPROBE_IRQ AUTOSENSE USLEEP, USLEEP_POLL=1
> > USLEEP_SLEEP=20 generic release=7
> > scsi0 : Generic NCR5380/53C400 Driver
> > scsi : 1 host.
> > Vendor: SCANNER Model: Rev: 1.00
> > Type: Scanner ANSI SCSI revision: 01 CCS
> >
> > Which means that no scanners were found. The scanner was on, the cable
> > connected and find-scanner from sane didn't find anything.
>
> Pardon me. But the message above actually tells you the scanner is
> detected on the SCSI bus. At least at SCSI level.
>
> Do you mean that the SANE tools can't find the scanner?

This happens too! find-scanner finds something only if I make a symlink of
/dev/sga in /dev/scanner and what it finds doesn't have a name (like the
above...)
When I try to acquire an image with scanimage the scanner makes some sounds
and the light goes no further than a few millimeters, no matter what the -t -l
-x -y will say...
I write:
scanimage -d mustek:/dev/scanner > out.pnm

Anything....?

--
Nikolas Diamandis
mailto:artsci@freemail.gr