Re: Ok. Now what? ...after following the steps...

Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooij@caiw.nl)
Sat, 26 Dec 1998 00:54:52 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 25 Dec 1998, aRtsCi - Nikos Diamandis wrote:

> Actually I've asked so many questions without actually having searched much.
> But now I've wandered to find something and come up to nothing... I'm talking
> 'bout the installation of SE6000SP with it's DTC3181E SCSI interface card.
> Ok, I've done everything guys:
> - successfully patched the 2.0.36 source files with mustek-scsi-patch-0.6
> (which finaly was the actual MAJOR step forward) and followed it's orders...
> - compiled the kernel with scsi support (+ low level Generic NCR5380) modular
> - set up the neccessary files and lilo and reboot
> - written:
> insmod scsi_mod
> insmod g_NCR5380 ncr_addr=0x0240 dtc_3181e=1
> (0x0240 is the address I've ordered the card to work at through
> /etc/isapnp.conf and isapnp tool)
> - And finally got this message:
>
> scsi0 : interrupts not enabled. for better interactive performance,
> scsi0 : please jumper the board for a free IRQ.
> scsi0 : at port 0x240 interrupts disabled options CAN_QUEUE=16 CMD_PER_LUN=2
> release=1 generic options AUTOPROBE_IRQ AUTOSENSE USLEEP, USLEEP_POLL=1
> USLEEP_SLEEP=20 generic release=7
> scsi0 : Generic NCR5380/53C400 Driver
> scsi : 1 host.
> Vendor: SCANNER Model: Rev: 1.00
> Type: Scanner ANSI SCSI revision: 01 CCS
>
> Which means that no scanners were found. The scanner was on, the cable
> connected and find-scanner from sane didn't find anything.

Pardon me. But the message above actually tells you the scanner is
detected on the SCSI bus. At least at SCSI level.

Do you mean that the SANE tools can't find the scanner?

Hugo.

        | Hugo van der Kooij     | Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl   |
        | 3155 VJ  Maasland      | (De man met de rode hoed)    |