Re: microtek 330

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 00:11:51 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 23, 1998 at 05:14:50PM +0000, Volker Beyerle wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Some days ago David Mosberger-Tang announced Sane 1.0,
> between other he wrote:
>
> ************
> * Updated Microtek2 backend
> - Added support for ScanMaker 330, ScanMaker 636, ScanMaker E3plus,
> ScanMaker X6 and Phantom 636.
> - Other improvements (this includes support for automatic document
> feeders
> and transparency adapters, missing option descriptions were added).
> - Updated the manual page.
> *********
>
> 1) Does this mean, that up to now the Microtek Scanmaker 330 wasn't
> supported? (it could explain, why I was not able to adress this scanner
> ......)

Yes, the ScanMaker 330 didn't run out of the box with the previous
release of sane. But all that is required, is to add the check for the
model code in the function check_inquiry() in microtek2.c .

If you don't want to wait until sane-1.00 is ported to OS/2, add the following
to this function in the 0.74 release:

case 0x8d:
*model_string = "ScanMaker 330";
break;
case 0x93:
*model_string = "ScanMaker 330";
break;

This was necessary to get the backend running under Unix/Linux, but I
didn't hear anything, whether it works (with the Scanmaker 330 or another
device) under OS/2.

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder