Re: Patch to make Microtek Phantom 636 SCSI (aka ScanMaker X6) work

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 00:54:50 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 03, 1998 at 10:03:29AM +0100, Sebastian Erdmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> last week I bought a Microtek Phantom 636 SCSI (600x1200dpi, 36bit).
> The documentation states that this model is equivalent to ScanMaker X6
> (and indeed, the Windoze drivers identify it as such).
> Model No: MRS-1200X6S.
>
> I downloaded sane version 0.74 and installed a newer version of the
> microtek2 backend (v0.5). The scanner reports a model_code of 0x91,
> which I added to check_inquiry(). It turned out that this scanner
> also needs the kludge in do_dummy_scan() to work correctly.
>
> The following patch to microtek2.c works for me.

Thanks for the info and for the patch. David told me, that he has
already included this patch into the upcoming sane-1.0, so that it will
be generally available very soon.

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder