Re: dtc scsi contr.

H C Pumphrey (hcp@met.ed.ac.uk)
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 09:46:47 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 31 Oct 1998, J. Engelhardt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> do you have found a solution to use this scsi-contr.?

Possibly. DTC SCSI cards (or similar ones with a different name) seem to
be shipped with various scanners.

They are not well supported in Linux but you can apparently get them to
work. It is necessary to obtain a kernel patch from

ftp://ftp.mostang.com/pub/sane/mustek-scsi-patch-0.5.gz

You have to apply this to the kernel source and recompile the kernel[1]. I
have not done this yet as it would be my first kernel build and I recon I
would need a whole distraction-free afternoon alone with my computer --
this doesn't happen often.

> Was it shipped whith an Avision 630cs A4-Scanner?
No. Mine came with an Artec AT12

> Does this scanner work under linux?

I don't know. I'll forward this to the SANE mailing list and see if any of
the SANE gurus know. It doesn't seem to be listed on the SANE web page,
though.

Hugh

[1] This patch is relative to the kernel 2.0.31 . Does anyone know if it
ever got into the official Linux kernel?