Re: CanoScan 300 SCSI scanner setup problem

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 15:51:28 +0200 (MEST)

Durk Talsma wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> Recently, I discovered the SANE project, and would very much like to use
> it for running
> a scanner on my l Linux box. I haven't been very succesful in getting my
> scanner recognized though, using
> sane 0.74
>
> I have a Canon Canoscan 300 flatbed scanner, configured for LUN 03 and a
> ncr810 SCSI host adapter.
> My kernel is configured with generic SCSI support, and have found the
> generic SCSI devices /dev/sga
> through /dev/sgh. No, I'm not much of a SCSI expert, but assuming that
> /dev/sgd correspondes with LUN 03,

No. sga is the lowest-lun with a device in the system.

Roger.

--
Actor asks a collegue: "To what do you owe your success in acting?"
Answer: "Honesty. Once you've learned how to fake that, you've got it made."