Re: newbie trouble

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 02:01:39 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 20, 1998 at 02:02:49PM +0100, Dr. Andreas Bolsch wrote:
> Hi,
> First of all, did you configure the kernel for
> 'generic SCSI support' and recomiled/installed it?
> Second, the microtek2 backend caused hanging once

With which version of sane ? This backend was notorious for such troubles
in sane-0.73, but with sane-0.74 this shouldn't happen any more, and
I didn't read anything, that these problems continue ...

> on my box. So, try to remove it from the makefile
> (.../sane-?.??/backend/Makefile) and recompile SANE.

... but if so, it is sufficient to remove it from the config file 'dll.conf'.

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder
Email: mailto:bernd@aquila.muc.de