Re: SANE, Mustek and Blackwidow

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 13:18:08 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 17, 1998 at 10:22:38AM +0100, Jon Schneider wrote:
> I want to make SANE work with my Blackwidow 48xx scanner.
>
> I have read that Blackwidows are rebadged Musteks though this has not
> yet been confirmed or denied by either manufacturer. One feature is
> that it has a blank Vendor string when Inquired.

I never heard of this Blackwidow scanner, but vendor strings consisting
of eight spaces are typical for Microtek scanners. You might want to
try it with the microtek2 backend and set 'option dump 2' in the
microtek2.conf file. The backend then prints 96 Bytes of inquiry
information to stderr (the line after [inquiryresult]).

It is neccessary to know this inquiry information to tell you more. (Any
other backend probably also prints the inquiry information, if you
enable debugging).

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder