Re: Umax Astra 1220S - on/off button?

Werner Arnhold (werner@arnhold.snafu.de)
Sat, 15 Aug 1998 23:45:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 15 Aug 1998, Michael Stutz wrote:

> I just bought a UMAX Astra 1220S, and it installed flawlessly on my Debian
> GNU/Linux system using the .74 drivers. (Scans much faster than my old
> Mustek junker, too.) But I have a question about the scanner itself that's
> left me mystified: how do you turn it off?
>
> I can't find an on/off button on the thing, and the diagram in the owner's
> manual does not show one. But in the scanning instructions in the manual,
> step one is, "Turn the scanner on."
>
> So is there a way to turn this thing on and off, or do you actually leave it
> on all the time, even when not in use?
>
> I'm tempted to unplug the thing, but this seems rather kludgey...

I had the same question. But I didn't find the button too. I think there is
none. Don't pull off the power supply (as I tried)!! The result was garbage
on my SCSI-Bus, which was not good for my disk. I got some nasty panic
messages and had to do a reboot.

Werner

Werner Arnhold Fritz-Karsen-Schule
Feldspatweg 7 Onkel-Bräsig-Str. 76-78