Re: UMAX Astra 1220S, 0.74 seems to be dead

Werner Arnhold (werner@arnhold.snafu.de)
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 00:14:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Werner Arnhold wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
> >
> > > On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Werner Arnhold wrote:
.
.
.
> > > Please remove all backends from the config file except the one you need.
> >
> > Which backends and which config file do you mean? The *.conf in
> > /usr/local/etc/sane.d? The backends in the /usr/local/lib/sane dir? Or one
> > of the config.* in the main source dir? Or something different?
>
> I would say it is rather obvious that if I refer to removing backends from
> the config file (note: I mention it is 1 file) you should not be removing
> libraries.
>
> And as we speak of a RPM file we are not referring to sources which will
> only leave the sane.conf file in /etc/sane.d

I beg your pardon, your answer doesn't help me. Maybe it is because you
speak of a RPM file. I got the sources from "sane-0.74.tar.gz", compiled
them and made a "make install". So I have no dir /etc/sane.d but
/usr/local/etc/sane.d with 18 files in it, but none named sane.conf, only
saned.conf. With this way every backend is made.

I never used a RPM file. I compiled 0.73 and it worked fine
with a HP ScanJet 4p, but not with Astra, so I tried the next version.

> PS: This could be gathered as well from browsing a bit through the archive
> as this is a rather common problem.

Could you please give me a hint where this archive is to be found (an URL?)
I follow this mailing list for some time but cannot remember having seen
something like this. But maybe I dont't read it good enough.
Thank you very much.

Werner

Werner Arnhold Fritz-Karsen-Schule
Feldspatweg 7 Onkel-Bräsig-Str. 76-78