Re: UMAX Astra 1220S, 0.74 seems to be dead

Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooij@caiw.nl)
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 06:56:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Werner Arnhold wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have problems with my new Astra 1220. I compiled 0.74. When I invoke
> xscanimage, it seems to hang, scanimage -L the same. The scanner is to be
> seen as:
>
> Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 05 Lun: 00
> Vendor: UMAX Model: Astra 1220S Rev: V1.2
> Type: Scanner ANSI SCSI revision: 02
>
> on an Adaptec 1542 board. Under Win 3.11 it works. I set the debug env
> variables and catched the output from xscanimage in the attatched file up
> to the point where the program hangs. For scanimage -L the output is very
> similar.
>
> The most curious: when calling
>
> scanimage -d umax:/dev/scanner > /tmp/b.pnm
>
> the scanner works and gives a nice picture in p.pnm. Anyone understanding
> this? I not.

Please remove all backends from the config file except the one you need.

Hugo.

| Hugo van der Kooij | Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl |
| 3155 VJ Maasland | (De man met de rode hoed) |