Re: segfault with Microtek Scanmaker 330

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Mon, 3 Aug 1998 08:59:11 +0200 (MEST)

Norman Uhlmann wrote:
> Okay that's the way I have to understand the SCSI-HOWTO :-)
> + generic header as well as the command block on input. SG_BIG_BUFF can
> + be safely increased upto (131072 - 512).
> though it is 512000bytes :-)

I've submitted a patch for Linux to allow for even larger
buffers. I'll submit the patch to make sane search through the
procfile for the largest possible buffer once Linus says something
about my patch. (I would've done that yesterday if one of the sane
files hadn't be parked right on top of a bad block... :-( )

Roger.

--
Actor asks a collegue: "To what do you owe your success in acting?"
Answer: "Honesty. Once you've learned how to fake that, you've got it made."