Re: segfault with Microtek Scanmaker 330

Norman Uhlmann (unicorn@unicorn.franken.de)
Sat, 1 Aug 1998 19:09:48 -0100 (GMT+1)

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Bernd Schroeder wrote:

> Good to hear that a mode exists that works for you. However, the
> problem that the backend returns an error for bigger buffer sizes still
> exists.

No it doesn't :-))
sane-0.74
#define SG_BIG_BUFF 131072

and I am able to scan :-))

> > After that I got brave and compiled with
> > sg.h #define SG_BIG_BUFF 512000 but
> > it doesn't work :-((.
>
> To my knowledge the maximum value for SG_BIG_BUFF is 128KB - 0.5KB.

Okay that's the way I have to understand the SCSI-HOWTO :-)
+ generic header as well as the command block on input. SG_BIG_BUFF can
+ be safely increased upto (131072 - 512).
though it is 512000bytes :-)

Okay, but in sane-0.74 there is no support for ScanMaker 330, but it
is no problem.
Here is the diff output, but I don't know how to build a patch with it.
Perhaps someone can do it for me :-?

---
bash$ diff microtek2.c.old microtek2.c
1638a1639,1641
>       case 0x93 :
>           *model_string = "ScanMaker 330";
>           break;
1794a1798
>       case 0x93: fprintf(stderr, "ScanMaker 330"); break;
---
With it it works ok.

Further question.

My scanner seems to scan some centimeters and the goes back a little and scan further. Is it normal, I fear about the mechanic of the scanner. Especially with high resolutions and 24bit depth.

Greetings Unicorn

A unicorn slowly drifts downward to you speaks to you with the loveliest voice you have ever heard, and vanishes into nothing You feel happy!