Re: SCSI-II scanner command list - specification file - common lib

Jim Ford (jf001@watford.net)
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 13:08:37 +0100

Wolfgang Goeller wrote:

> Hello
>
> > I've tried SANE 0.73 on my linux 2.0.30 with a LEO scanner. It did not
> > work and it will not work (anyway my question is not related to my
> > scanner).
>
> LEO is only a marketing - brand. Chances are very high, that
> some..........

Wow - LEO was a range of mainframes built in the early 50's by the Lyons
teashop company in the UK originally to handle their business. I think they
were the first commercial computers made in the UK. They then sold out to
English Electric. LEO stood for Lyons Electronic Office and I think the
early ones had valves. The scanner would probably be the size of a room,
full of valves and solenoids, maybe even pneumatics! I don't think there
would be anyone sitting on the end of a helpline, or much support for the
unit anymore.

Or are we talking the same LEO here? ;^}

Regards: Jim Ford