Re: HP psc/380

Kevin Turner (kevint@aracnet.com)
Sat, 6 Jun 1998 09:49:51 -0700

On Sat, Jun 06, 1998 at 08:41:39AM +0200, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, Kevin Turner wrote:
>
> > I just got a HP Printer/Scanner/Copier 380.
> > Brand new product line, no Linux/Unix support...
> > Thing works through parallel port, not scsi.
> >
> > Any suggestions on where to go from here?
>
> Scrapyard?
>
> If it shows 'designed for windows' or anything like that it is a GDI
> device and GDI devices are nu supported on anything but windblows.

Well, there's no such indicator on the box or the hardware. But the
support site says "The HP Printer/Scanner/Copier Series 300 has been
designed and tested specifically for the Microsoft Windows 95 and
Microsoft Windows 3.1 operating environments. The HP
Printer/Scanner/Copier Series 300 does not support other operating
systems including OS/2, MAcintosh, DOS, UNIX (R), and Windows NT."

Maybe it's time for me to switch mailing lists and ask what my chances
are of getting it to work under windows emulation...

At least it does work as a printer.

Thanks,
- Kevin