Re: sane & umac-astra 610s

Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooij@caiw.nl)
Sun, 31 May 1998 21:35:28 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sun, 31 May 1998 akiraly@studi.unizh.ch wrote:

> I've got here a bug-report concerning sane-0-73 for Linux...
> If I scan the preview there is about more or less 6cm of picture-trash in the
> top part of the preview window. I put the image in the top part of my scanner
> then the picture in the preview window begins after the picture-trash. If I
> select the part I want to scan then the coordinations are bad, cause these
> begin then at e.g. y=6cm, but the image in the scanner is at y=0cm...
> If you want to scann correctly you have to subtract 6cm from the y-coordinates.
>
> My system:
> SANE 0.73 with SANE0.73b umax patch, Linux Kernel 2.33, UMAX ASTRA 610S scanner
> SCSI, NCR 810 hostadapter, Cyrix P200+ Processor, ASUS motherboard, 64MB Ram...

As far as I can tell from memory this seems to be a known issue and should
be taken care of allready. I have not seen a patch to fix it but I am
convinced it will work properly in 0.74

> best regards and sorry for my bad english, I hope you could understand my
> problem ;)))

I have seen worse ;-)

Hugo.

| Hugo van der Kooij | Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl |
| 3155 VJ Maasland | (De man met de rode hoed) |