Re: Yet more Non Disclosure Agreements.

Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooij@caiw.nl)
Sun, 31 May 1998 21:32:48 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sat, 30 May 1998, Dave Restall - System Administrator wrote:

> I've now received a new NDA from PIE and as I'm not well versed in NDA's
> I would like a second opinion on it's text, consequently, I'd like to
> post a copy of the NDA to the list (it's about 10k long), are there any
> major objections to this ? I have asked the permission of PIE to post
> it and they modified it slightly from original when I stressed that I
> wanted it to develop a SANE driver and release the drivers under GPL.
>
> So far, PIE seem to have been very positive, a few quotes :-
>
> > The aim of this agreement is just to ensure that the document that we will
> > send to you will not be distributed to anybody else without our consent.
> > Anybody who wish to have a copy of the same document will have to ask us,
> > and we will provide it to him after he signs an identical Non Disclosure
> > Agreement.
> >
> > The drivers or other software that you will develop using this
> > documentation, can be distributed freely.

I would say this statement is clear enough. They just want control over
who they send their documents to (preferably not to any compition ;-).

But they allow you to use that information freely in any driver. So it
seems it is time to startup your favorite editor as soon as the documents
arrive.

Hugo.

| Hugo van der Kooij | Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl |
| 3155 VJ Maasland | (De man met de rode hoed) |