Re: sane

becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
Tue, 26 May 1998 00:35:40 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi !

> I am not sure if you are the correct person to send this to but here
> goes.....I have been using sane since the 661 release and love the program.
> Recently, IBM released a new version of the adeptec scsi driver
> (aic7870.add) about two weeks old now. I installed this new driver and
> now when I start sane (I use pmsane as the front end), I get a message
> that scanimage.exe cannot find any scanners.

Hmm - I neither know much of OS/2, nor of the SCSI adapter/driver in question,
nor of the HP backend. I will forward your mail to the SANE mailing list (see
CC:), to see, if someone is more familiar with the topic.
You might want to join the ML or check the archives in the next time.

> If I use find-scanner.exe it reports the proper scanner attached
> (HP scanjet IIc). If after using find-scanner.exe, I still get the
> message that it can't find any scanner.
> If I put back the original aic7870.add file, it works again.

Hmm -looks like a driver problem, then. Is there any significant benefit in
using the "new" driver ?

> Has anyone else found a problem with it? Or am I all alone?

> If you are not the right person to send this to, can you tell me who
> to ask? My system is a home built p200, all scsi (off of an adaptec
> 2940 uw card), hp scanjet IIc scanner, 128 meg mem.
>
> Thank you for your time.
>
> Regards,
> Phil
>
> Philip Bernstein