Re: problems with snapscan and scanimage

charter@cs.ualberta.ca
Wed, 13 May 1998 14:31:05 -0600 (MDT)

> On Wed, 13 May 1998, KH Jeron wrote:
>
> > now my snapscan 310 (sane 0.72) seems to work.
> > the only problem is, that scanimage just scans the right corner on the bottom of a
> > piece of paper.
>
> You're right. I never even considered non-interactive scanning before...
>
> > the paper size is 21 cm x 29,7 cm but the scanned area is just about 8 cm x 10
> > cm.
> > i have no idea why this happens.
>
> But I do :-) These lines in snapscan.c provide a clue:
>
> #define DEFAULT_BRX SANE_FIX(152.0) /* 6x4 photo size */
> #define DEFAULT_BRY SANE_FIX(101.0)
>
> It is the default size if none is specified. "scanimage -h" lists all
> device-specific options. You can (among other things) set the corners

Yes, but 8cm x 10cm is much smaller than the default, which is 15 x 10 cm,
so this might not be the problem.

Sorry if these numbers seem a little weird. I could make the default
be some standard page size, if this actually is the problem. (the current
default is the size of a typical photograph in Canada; it's what I bought
the scanner for originally and it seemed like a good default at the time :)

Kevin

--
Kevin Charter                        /\                      Grad Studies
charter@cs.ualberta.ca            /\/  \  Department of Computing Science