Re: problems with snapscan and scanimage

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mikko_Ty=F6l=E4j=E4rvi?= (mikko@securitydynamics.com)
Wed, 13 May 1998 20:39:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 13 May 1998, KH Jeron wrote:

> now my snapscan 310 (sane 0.72) seems to work.
> the only problem is, that scanimage just scans the right corner on the bottom of a
> piece of paper.

You're right. I never even considered non-interactive scanning before...

> the paper size is 21 cm x 29,7 cm but the scanned area is just about 8 cm x 10
> cm.
> i have no idea why this happens.

But I do :-) These lines in snapscan.c provide a clue:

#define DEFAULT_BRX SANE_FIX(152.0) /* 6x4 photo size */
#define DEFAULT_BRY SANE_FIX(101.0)

It is the default size if none is specified. "scanimage -h" lists all
device-specific options. You can (among other things) set the corners
of the scanning area, or try one of the predefined paper sizes, e.g.:

scanimage --predef-window 8.5x11

Regards,
/Mikko

Mikko Tyo"la"ja"rvi________________________________mikko@securitydynamics.com