Re: Minolta Reply (was:Public Relation Department (Ref. No. CR-3255 V)

Mathias Koerber (mathias@koerber.org)
Sat, 18 Apr 1998 08:45:27 +0800 (SGT)

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998, Dr. Andreas Bolsch wrote:

| Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 16:42:14 +0200
| From: "Dr. Andreas Bolsch" <a.bolsch@ic.ac.uk>
| To: sane-devel@mostang.com
| Subject: Re: Minolta Reply (was:Public Relation Department (Ref. No. CR-3255 V)
|
| Of course, it a good idea to quote the company's policy.
| But be careful not to ask for boycott as this might lead
| to prosecution. Some companies are very narrow-minded.
| Just state the facts explicitly.

Ok, so we put up statements by individuals who recommend or
not certain manufacturers.
Below that: The usual disclaimer that these opinions are not
necessarily the opinions of the team/owner of the SANE site/other
SANE developers and users...

Companies like to use testimonials on their page to speak FOR their
products, lets us use testimonials to speak FOR sane and give individuals'
recommendations re: what scanner to use..

| --

Mathias Koerber | Tel: +65 / 471 9820 | mathias@staff.singnet.com.sg
SingNet NOC | Fax: +65 / 475 3273 | mathias@koerber.org
Q'town Tel. Exch. | PGP: Keyid: 768/25E082BD, finger mathias@singnet.com.sg
2 Stirling Rd | 1A 8B FC D4 93 F1 9A FC BD 98 A3 1A 0E 73 01 65
S'pore 148943 | Disclaimer: I speak only for myself
* Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft *