Re: Sane 0.71 and CanonScan

Jeff Freedman (jsf@hevanet.com)
Mon, 06 Apr 1998 14:04:01 -0700

Robert-Peter Westphal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to use your Sane-package together with my CanonScan 300 in OS/2,
> but I have a few problems. I installed the aspirout.sys driver and the
> emx runtimes correctly, find-scanner finds my scanner.
> But the main problem is that the package I got (sane-071.zip) seems not
> to contain the \dev-dir and no drivers. There are a few *.conf (but not
> for canon), but these files contain a link to a dev\scanner dir which
> not exists.

I don't know about the cannon, but the OS/2 version uses the same
"device" syntax in the .conf files as a couple of the other platforms,
where you specify the SCSI board #, the ID of the scanner on the board,
and the LUN (which is generally 0). From memory, I believe you'd set
the device to something like "b0t6l0" in the case where you have the
scanner assigned to ID 6 on a single SCSI card.

-- Jeff