Re: Sane 0.71 and CanonScan

Stefan Knodt (sknodt@bluewin.ch)
Tue, 07 Apr 98 00:19:08 +0200

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.ER0ZZW138764=_=_=_

On Mon, 06 Apr 98 20:49:12, Robert-Peter Westphal wrote:
>I want to use your Sane-package together with my CanonScan 300 in OS/2,
>but I have a few problems. I installed the aspirout.sys driver and the
>emx runtimes correctly, find-scanner finds my scanner.
>But the main problem is that the package I got (sane-071.zip) seems not
>to contain the \dev-dir and no drivers. There are a few *.conf (but not
>for canon), but these files contain a link to a dev\scanner dir which
>not exists.

Robert,
OS/2 does notneed the /dev/.. directories

create your own CONF file see the README.OS2
I attached the hp.conf from the sane-0.66 packages
For the description see the README.OS2 within your sane package.
I think the only restriction to the os/2 port is that it works only with scsi scanners.

stefan
sknodt@bluewin.ch

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.ER0ZZW138764=_=_=_

YjB0NmwwDQoK

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.ER0ZZW138764=_=_=_--