Re: sane 0.72pre meets FreeBSD

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mikko_Ty=F6l=E4j=E4rvi?= (mikko@securitydynamics.com)
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 13:40:20 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sun, 5 Apr 1998, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Apr 1998, [ISO-8859-1] Mikko Työläjärvi wrote:
>
> > Question 1:
> >
> > Is it necessary to keep all the loadable backends in the standard
> > library path? I'm getting an uneasy feeling when sane singlehandedly
> > doubles the number of entries in my /usr/local/lib, with something
> > that could be considered as internal to sane.
> >
> > Am I missing something, or could they be moved to (for example)
> > /usr/local/lib/sane/? Aren't the backends just dlopen()ed?
>
> Aren't you at liberty to use another path? Just add the proper parameter
> when runing ./configure should do the trick.

Of course I could do that. But still I think there is a difference
between libsane.so, which executables using sane are dynamically
linked with and the backends, that are internal to sane.

Then again, it's no big deal. If it really bothers me, I'll do
something about it.

/Mikko

Mikko Tyo"la"ja"rvi________________________________mikko@securitydynamics.com
SecurityDynamics