Re: How to turn off lamp in ScanJet IIcx

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Sat, 20 Dec 1997 04:48:35 +0100 (MET)

> On Fri, 19 Dec 1997, Fred Hucht wrote:

> My problem is similar with a Highscreen Perfectscan (Microtek E6). The
> lamp is always on after turning on the scanner. I cannot find a way to
> turn the lamp off but turning off the scanner. Perhaps my scanner has a
> bug? The documentation is really spare. Any ideas?

Hi, I have a Tamarack scanner. Here too, the scanner always keeps the
light on. The only way of turning the thing off is to start a scan using
the transparancy adapter. However the transparancy adapter really needs
to be present, and the normal light comes back on as soon as it is done.
No, I really can't find a way to turn the light off.

Roger.