Re: How to turn off lamp in ScanJet IIcx

Lutz Stege (lutz@cenit3.muc.bmw.de)
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 15:25:41 +0200 (WET)

On Fri, 19 Dec 1997, Fred Hucht wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we have no HP SCL description; is it possible to do what the subject
> sais using a SCL command? We want to scan slides, but we have no (how
> is it called?) transparencies/slides adapter for the IIcx...
My problem is similar with a Highscreen Perfectscan (Microtek E6). The
lamp is always on after turning on the scanner. I cannot find a way to
turn the lamp off but turning off the scanner. Perhaps my scanner has a
bug? The documentation is really spare. Any ideas?