Re: jscanimage won't compile

Jeff Freedman (jsf@hevanet.com)
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 09:54:10 -0800

Allan Nielsen wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Dec 1997, Mathias Weigt (Stud. 94) wrote:
>
> > Ok I got swing-0.61 from java.sun.com.
> > Now all compiles cleanly but Jscanimage actually does nothing and Test
> > does nothing but printing the version numbers (but I think it should do a
> > little test-scan or at least list som devices ?).
> > Any ideas ?
> > Can I use SANE_DEBUGXXX to get more information ?
> >

> I get:
>
> [an@k2906 japi]# java Jscanimage
> File not found (libsanej.so)
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no sanej in shared library path
> at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java)
> at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java)
> at
> at Jscanimage.main(Jscanimage.java:99)
>
> I have made make; make install And it went ok! What is wrong??

First check "/usr/local/lib" (or wherever you have the SANE libraries
installed), to make sure that libsanej.so was actually installed there
okay.

Then, I think Java is picky about where it looks for shared libraries.
Even though "/usr/local/lib" is okay for "C" programs, you might have to
put it in LD_LIBRARY_PATH (i.e. setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/lib)
for Java to find it.

-- Jeff