Re: second SCSI controller..

Wolfgang Jung (woju@keep.in-berlin.de)
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 12:26:27 +0100

On Wed, Dec 03, 1997 at 12:09:22PM +0100, Michael Burghart wrote:
> Hi...
>
> I just found out that SANE has problems recognizing a scanner attached to
> the second SCSI bus. SANE kept initializing the SCSI 0 bus...
> So, is there a way of attaching it to the second SCSI bus?

Sure... It works for me :-)
BUT:
a) you should load sg.o AFTER loading the second SCSI Module

at least I am using an aic7xxx for Disk activity and an NCR
53810a for Streamer/CDROM/Scanner activity.

as long as the driver detects the scanner it should be possible to use.
(you need to have the /dev/sg* devices for the device. BEWARE
donot use sga for the first attached scanner. if the scanner is the 4th detected
device, you should use sgd for scanner access.)
IBM DPES 31800 will crash the partiotiontable if you use the mustel
driver on sga (iif the disk is sda)

Gruss
Wolfgang