Re: Life with a UMAX 610S Scanner on Linux

Nicolas Lucas de Peslouan (nlp@usa.net)
Thu, 27 Nov 1997 22:08:30 +0100

Thanks for quick answer !

All the commands I put in the original message was executed as root, so
"Permission denied" is probably not due to mod 600. However, I just
tried to change mod to 666 and link /dev/scanner to /dev/sgb. Then, I
launch scanimage -d /dev/scanner and get the same error message.

About SCSI disk, you're right, there is no SCSI disk, only one CDROM and
the UMAX scanner. (Disk are IDE, but we don't care... :-)