Re: Most SANE scanner to buy?

Michael K. Johnson (johnsonm@redhat.com)
Sun, 28 Sep 1997 14:56:01 -0400

Preston Brown writes:
>Perhaps you have some sort of address we should write to? I'll make this
>one of my personal crusades...

The CEO of UMAX (or UMAX usa? or something like that) actually likes
Linux quite a bit. UMAX is an investor in VA Research. Oliver, try
sending a friendly email to lma@varesearch.com telling him about the
problem and asking if he can help solve it. He's currently trying to
get ahold of specs for the P series scanners.

If we can't get ahold of the specs, it is probably because they have
not yet been written. UMAX has been pretty good about releasing specs
so far.

Also, if UMAX seems preoccupied at the moment, I'd guess it is because
they are; Apple just decided not to continue to renew the OS licenses
for the apple clones UMAX has been selling.

FWIW,

michaelkjohnson