Re: mustek problems in lineart mode

Michael Ritzert (Ritzert@T-Online.de)
Sun, 14 Sep 1997 21:07:12 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Andreas!

On 14-Sep-97 becka@sunserver1.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de wrote:
>> Could everybody who has a Mustek scanner please try out this command:
>
>> scanimage --device mustek:/dev/scanner -l 5 -t 5 -x 190 -y 270 --resolution
>200
>> --mode Lineart --speed Fastest
>
>I did. Most time it worked, but on the first try (naturally) it locked up the
>scanner in a very strange way :
>
>- The scanner hung at the beginning of the page (after the pbm header was
> displayed) and needed a reset.
>- The system was still stable.
>- But afterward no further access to the scanner was possible. Even reloading
> the SCSI module didn't help.

That's exactly what happens here, too.
The only difference is that I can't even unload the SCSI module (resource busy).

>Is this command a "lockup-always" on your system ? Or does it work from time
>to time ?

Well, I haven't tried it too often, but in most, not all, cases it locks up.

>Moreover please note, that -l,-t,-x,-y might be ignored because the mode-set
>command might override these values.

They actually seem to be accepted, but that shouldn't change the result anyway.

Does it still lock up when you change the mode to Gray? Here, it still does,
but not that often (much less often, indeed).
How big is your SCSI buffer?
Where does the scanner stop? (ruler on the scanner)

I don't have any idea what could be the problem.

Ciao, Michael

---
    _
|\/|_)  -=> ritzert@cfg.hd.bw.schule.de <=-