Re: Dark scans from Astra 600S

Bernd Seemann (bernd@seebaer.ruhr.de)
Sat, 13 Sep 1997 19:21:51 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sat, 13 Sep 1997, Preston Brown wrote:

> The greyscale scans from my Astra 600S all come out too dark. I am trying
> to figure out how to mess with the gamma curve in xscanimage to get it to
> look better, but not having much luck. I basically think I need to kick
> up the "Brightness" level. There is very little contrast, most everything
> just looks way too darn black.

I am using sane-0.63 and with a gamma of 3 the grey scans are quite good.

Color scans with the Astra 600S are not possible to be made. If I could
help the developers with testing or so, please mail to me. I am using an
ASUS SC-875 controller and everything else then color scans is working
great.

Bye, Bernd.