Re: umax-backend

Michael K. Johnson (johnsonm@redhat.com)
Sat, 02 Aug 1997 08:15:15 -0400

orauch@physik.uni-osnabrueck.de writes:
>The Problems with the Vista S6E and the Astra Scanners will
>not be fixed.

Um, let me qualify that. We had the S6E working fine, so we should
be able to fix it, and I see no reason that we can't fix the Astra
too. I'm in the process of ordering a new copy of the SCSI protocol
standard from Umax.

It will go a lot faster, however, if people can loan me an S6E and
an Astra for a period of a few weeks. I'd guess that the same would
be true for Oliver, but I don't know. If you are in germany and
want to loan him one, talk to him and see. Otherwise send me private
email and I'll give you shipping directions.

>I wrote a lot of mails to umax germany, usa and taiwan,
>but I didn't get any answers to my questions.

I sent a fax to their faxback number and I'm going to send in a
completed form monday asking for the scsi protocol standard;
last time they got right back to me, sending it via email.

michaelkjohnson