Re: Hangs with B&W QuickCam

Thomas Dent Mirlacher (dent@cosy.sbg.ac.at)
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 11:09:59 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sun, 13 Jul 1997, Guido Muesch wrote:

> On 11 Jul, Andrew Kuchling wrote:
> > [..]
> >
> > Presumably colour QuickCams don't do this, or someone would
> > have noticed it. Before I try to track down the problem, could
> > someone else with a B&W QuickCam try running xcam or xscanimage, and
> > see if they get the hang too? Perhaps my setup is broken somehow...
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
>
> No, you are right. I experience the same problem with xcam and BW
> QuickCam. After the first scan it hangs. But using scanimage works so
> far. I have not looked into this problem because I thought it is a
> minor 'feature' which will get fixed soon, now that the BW support
> actually does return at least one scan.
>
> One possibility would be, if the amount of rows does not match the
> amount of rows scanned by the QuickCam. (Just a thought).
>
> Happy debugging
> Guido

Well, IMHO the problem is caused by different End Of Frame sequences,
used by the color and BW quickcam. so the usual workaround (for not so
clean coded drivers ;) should be to reset the cam after each scan.

just my two cents

++dent

--
Thomas Mirlacher	Student of ComputerScience, University of Salzburg
dent@cosy.sbg.ac.at	http://www.cosy.sbg.ac.at/~dent