Re: Hangs with B&W QuickCam

Guido Muesch (odiug@faho.rwth-aachen.de)
Sun, 13 Jul 1997 22:42:04 +0200 (MET DST)

On 11 Jul, Andrew Kuchling wrote:
> [..]
>
> Presumably colour QuickCams don't do this, or someone would
> have noticed it. Before I try to track down the problem, could
> someone else with a B&W QuickCam try running xcam or xscanimage, and
> see if they get the hang too? Perhaps my setup is broken somehow...
>
> Thanks in advance!

No, you are right. I experience the same problem with xcam and BW
QuickCam. After the first scan it hangs. But using scanimage works so
far. I have not looked into this problem because I thought it is a
minor 'feature' which will get fixed soon, now that the BW support
actually does return at least one scan.

One possibility would be, if the amount of rows does not match the
amount of rows scanned by the QuickCam. (Just a thought).

Happy debugging
Guido