Re: SCSI programming docs

Michael K. Johnson (johnsonm@redhat.com)
Mon, 07 Jul 1997 13:34:40 -0400

Rogan Dawes writes:
>Does anyone have any specifications about how to program SCSI devices in
>general. There are obviously sequences and so on that I would need to
>know.
>
>Unfortunately, my scanner is on the same SCSI bus as my root hard drive,
>and I really don't want to lock up the bus while I'm experimenting . . .

The draft SCSI 2 standard is available on the internet in various
places; I keep my own copy that I can mail you if you can't find
it easily.

You can also purchase the official version. I can't seem to find the
ISBN easily, but perhaps searching amazon.com would be sufficient to
find it.

michaelkjohnson

prudent as the heavy petting of literature." -- Fran Lebowitz