Re: sane-0.54 now available!

Reimond Rombey (rr@eureka.infra.de)
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 17:31:17 +0200

--------------4F3505EB78069E6276ACA6BC

David Mosberger-Tang wrote:

> Reimond> I simply installed sane first and found some unresolved
> Reimond> items. Then i installed gtk and rerun sane configuration
> Reimond> and compilation. Fine. My linux (S.u.S.E. 4.4.1) was not
> Reimond> able to compile, the needed libs etc. are not in that
> Reimond> distribution. That's it.
>
> Can you tell me which symbols remained unresolved? SANE should (and
> as far as I know it does) compile and link without GTK.

Ouch. Sorry, i can't remember exactly but they began with gtk.
If there would be a uninstall script (for gtk) i would do it again.

> Reimond> BTW: When using browser to select output filename it shows
> Reimond> a funny filename:
> Reimond> 4ìÿ¿£L@ð?ð?ð?@´)@
> Reimond> This is a bug.
>
> Strange. I certainly haven't seen anything like this. Can you tell
> me the exact steps that lead to this funny filename? Also, I wonder
> what the contents of the following file is:

First, i have no scanning device. Just check out the software.

start xscanimage &
click Browse
a window with that funny name pops up

> ~/.sane/xscan/xscan.rc

Reimond

--
Reimond Rombey, Eisenlohrstraße 18, D-79115 Freiburg i.Br.
http://www.infra.de/eureka/index.html

"device" (nil) "filename" "4ìÿ¿£L@ð|ð|ð|@´)@" "advanced" 1 "tool-tips" 10 "length-unit" 65536 "preserve-preview" 0 "preview-own-cmap" 1 "preview-gamma" 0