Re: sane-find-scanner does, scanimage doesn't find scanner

From: Andrew Lazarewicz (alaz@alum.mit.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 04:15:28 PDT

    ** Reply to message from Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> on Thu, 19 Jul
    2001 09:44:05 +0200

    I get exactly the same thing - "sane-find-scanner" or "find-scanner" (if loaded
    from RPM) finds my scanner (usually at two ports), then "scanimage -L" does not.
    It never does on the first pass, but always does the second time I run
    "scanimage -L". Until I run "scanimage -L" successfully, the XSANE finds no
    scanner. I have not yet successfully ran SANE/XSANE anyway -- am waiting for
    the 1.0.5 binary -- I trashed my system loading 1.0.4 from source with the
    timing fixed for my HP scanner. Conseqently, I don't know if SANE 1.0.5 behaves
    the same way yet.

    Cheers! - Andy