Canoscan FB630U

From: Timo Mohnani (timohnani@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 12:42:05 PDT

    I recently managed to install linux succesfully. I'm
    quite close to becoming independant of Windoze.
    However I was disappointed to find out that my scanner
    is not supported by SANE because canon don't want to
    give the required documentation.
    However i was going through the mailing list archives
    and i came across somebody who is trying to come up
    with something. I seems this person has even pulled
    apart his scanner to find out what chips are inside.
    Anyway I was just wondering how far this person has
    got and whether a canon backend for parallel port or
    USB is being developed.

    Thanks

    Timo Mohnani