Re: Scanning with Mustek

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Sun Jul 15 2001 - 09:27:21 PDT

    On Sun, Jul 15, 2001 at 10:20:28AM -0400, Marshall Lake wrote:
    > I recently upgraded my system. Prior to the upgrade I had no problem
    > scanning, but since the upgrade scanning in color sometimes works and
    > sometimes doesn't. Scanning in B&W always works. When the scan doesn't
    > work I get an I/O error on the scanning device. I've tried xscanimage and
    > xsane with the same results. And I've tried setting and unsetting option
    > linedistance-fix.

    There was a bug in the Mustek backend concerning SCSI command queuing
    and Linux 2.4.x which is fixed now. If you encounter the same problems
    with the latest mustek backend (1.0-110) also, please send me a debug
    log ("SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK=255 SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=255 xsane 2>debug.log"
    and then start a color scan). You can get the latest Mustek backend
    from http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/download.html .

    Bye,
      Henning