Re: Mustek 1200ED on SuSE 7.1

From: Grega Bremec (gregab@gbsoft.org)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 15:50:01 PDT

    ...and on Sat, Jul 14, 2001 at 12:17:33AM +0200, cybermiky@freemail.hu used the keyboard:
    > Hello!

    Hi, Miky,

    > My scanner (Mustek 1200 ED flatbed scanner on parallel port) moves only
    > with the "xsane mustek_pp" command...

    I bet it doesn't move. :-)

    Feel free to open the cover and observe the head while scanning.
    You'll see that the sound coming from the scanner is the only thing
    resembling movement (without special settings, that is; see below).

    > ...but the image which was scanned was only a white screen (but the paper
    > which was in my scanner wasn't white of course :-)).

    I experienced similar things when testing with early development
    versions of Jochen Eisinger's mustek_pp driver, that is, before he
    added the "use600" option for 600DPI scanners, one of which is the
    1200ED model as well.

    > What should I do?

    For now, use something like this in your mustek_pp.conf (the below
    values are from my scanner, which is ScanExpress 1200ED+):

        # For documentation see sane-mustek_pp(5)
        port 0x378
            name SE 1200 ED Plus
            vendor Mustek
            option wait-lamp 10
            option use600

    Note that for now, only black/white support is available, because from
    what I talked about with Jochen the other day, I hear the specs are
    only available in some evil Thai crypt.

    BTW, Jochen -- sorry for the delays in CVS test reports, I've been
    buried in work over my head because of the latest CheckPoint RDP
    security hole, as well as some other issues, but hopefully, I'll be
    contacting you shortly as I'm taking a week's leave next week. :-)

    Cheers all,

    --
        Grega Bremec
        grega.bremec-at-gbsoft.org