Can Sane deal with TWO scanners on the computer?

From: Ceri Hankey (ceri_hankey@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 15:29:02 PDT

    I have a USB Scanner (Agfa Snapscan 1212 USB) and a SCSI connected scanner ( MaxiScan A4 deluxe with an Acard SCSI card).

    Can the drivers deal with both types of scanner on the same system?

    Also, WHY is it so hard to get these scanners to work? CD Writing (which I would have thought was much more difficult) works fine and so do the printers, so why not scanners?

    I have just installed Sane 1.0.5 and am running Mandrake 8.0 (Kernel 2.4.3)

    Neither scanner scans - thogh I was (for 5 mins) able to get scanimage -L to tell me that I had a SCSI scanner

    Ceri Hankey,
    35 route de Volage
    01420 Corbonod
    France