Re: What's the status of sanei-thread?

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Sat Jul 07 2001 - 06:59:41 PDT

    On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 06:04:19PM +0200, Yuri Dario wrote:
    > >cross-platform way (at least for any OS that supports fork() and
    > >OS/2). I also noticed that no backend is using these functions.
    > >What's the status of this module?
    >
    > this module is currently used in building OS/2 binaries: it works for
    > most backends, hp and another one (don't remember which one) are two
    > exceptions.
    >
    > Most of the work is actually done using preprocessor macros, to
    > simplify code porting to OS/2.

    Is there some sort of documentation or examples for it? I don't
    understand some of the functions, e.g:

    int
    sanei_thread_begin( void (*start)(void *arg),
                        void *arg_list)

    What are these arguments? How do I use it? Do I have to check the
    result like in fork()?

    sanei_thread_waitpid and sanei_thread_wait seem to be dummies in OS/2
    so can't I use them?

    Bye,
      Henning