Re: Transmissive scanning

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 02:47:46 PDT

    On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 02:48:56PM +0300, Yuval El-hanany wrote:
    > I've got the Epson Perfection 1640SU Photo which has the transmissive scan
    > optional cover. However, I couldn't find any option in libsane or in its
    > interface that relates to choosing a transmissive scan instead of reflective
    > scan. Is there such an option in general? For the Epson scanners? I don't
    > mind adding something like it if someone would point me in the right
    > direction.

    It's the job of the backend to provide such an option. E.g. for Mustek
    SCSI scanners it's option "source" (Flatbed, Automatic Document Feeder
    or Transparency Adapter). At least this backend provides these options
    only if the devices were detected.

    I don't know how this works for Epson scanners.

    Bye,
      Henning