Re: umax 2200 hi res scan

From: scc (fsanta@arrakis.es)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 01:27:14 PDT

    Hi Everyone.

    Simply unplugging the terminator produced superbly clean scans for the first
    time, much better than my Epson usb! Is this logical?

    Steve.

    SCC wrote:

    > Hi everyone.
    >
    > Thanks for the help. I checked the cables and the image is not rotated and I
    > have the terminator plug firmly fixed. How would I check the scsi driver?

    Read the documentation or the headers of the sourcecode of the driver
    in /usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi
    With a bit luck you can set some parameters as options for the module.
    If not, you may have to recompile the module or kernel.

    sometimes it helps to:
    - disable disconnect/reconnect
    - disable sync scsi (force async transfers)
    - update the scsi driver or kernel
    - use an other scsi driver - if available
    - use an other - better supported - scsi controller
    BTW is the scsi bus terminated on both ends?