[parport] Use of inb/out in backends...

From: Jochen Eisinger (jochen.eisinger@gmx.de)
Date: Mon May 28 2001 - 14:00:04 PDT

    Hi!

    Since lots of new parport backends are available now, I wonder whether
    we should add a general interface to the parport, that would allow to
    make use of more advanced interfaces like the kernel parport drivers while
    keeping the whole thing easy to port to other architecures (like older
    kernels, *BSD or OS/2)

    I remember that it was discouraged to use inb/outb in backends some versions
    earlier... I think we should continue to work with the concept of the
    sanei_* interfaces. What we have now is that some backends work with
    some architectures and others not, because every backend implements it's
    own interface.

    regards
    -- jochen

    --
    I've read SEVEN MILLION books!!

    [This is a signature virus, please copy me into your signature file!]