Re: Microtek, Net, NetBSD

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Mon May 28 2001 - 10:09:43 PDT

    On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 10:49:27AM -0500, Aristide Aragon wrote:
    > I also set up saned in that machine to be able to scan through the
    > network. When I set up my SuSE's sane to search that host for
    > scanners, everytme I ran sane (for instance sane --list-devices)
    > produced a segmentation fault (after the Sun machine reported a
    > connection from the other host). I decided to upgrade to the latest
    > sane veion, so I uninstalled the RPM sane that came with my SuSE,
    > downloaded, compiled and installed the latest sane-backends (which
    > should be the same version the Sun machine has, since I installed it
    > there only yesterday) and configured net.conf again. Now everytime I
    > type scanimage I get no devices found. (or no scanners were
    > identified...)

    You can get more information on what is going on with:

    SANE_DEBUG_NET=255 scanimage -L

    on your clieant. Also you can use saned in debug mode (not via inetd)
    to get more information (if you use the microtek backend):

    SANE_DEBUG_MICROTEK=2 saned -d128

    There is a snapshot of sane-backends on http://www.mostang.com/sane
    which should fix some net/saned problems. Maybe you want to have a
    look at this one.

    Bye,
      Henning