Re: Problem with Microtek 35t slide/negative scanner

From: Matto Marjanovic (maddog@mir.com)
Date: Fri May 25 2001 - 06:59:24 PDT

    >First off, thanks to the SANE development team for your
    >contributions
    >to the Linux community. I'm an amateur photographer and Unix
    >sysadmin (Solaris) who'd have to give up running Linux at home were
    >it not for your work on scanners.

    Thank you!

    >Now then...my Microtek 35t (PTS1800S) slide scanner doesn't work
    >anymore since upgrading from a Caldera 2.2.x distro to a Mandrake
    >2.4.22-mdk. The SCSI host adapter is a DPT SmartCache III using the
    >EATA 2.0c driver.

    So, it *did* work --- that's good to know. What version of the backend
     were you using when it worked?

    Something very strange is going on with how the scanner thinks the scan
     frame looks, and with returned SCSI errors (the 'sense' codes).
     Unfortunately, I am leaving for the airport right now, and won't be able
     to ponder this anymore for the next week.

    If you could collect as much comparative information about the working
     config and the now broken config, that would help....

    -matt m.