Re: Canon 620S conf file

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (henning@meier-geinitz.de)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 08:59:13 PDT

    On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 10:52:04AM +1000, Mick Barry wrote:
    > Got a problem talking to a SCSI Canon under OS/2.
    >
    > My question is what should be in the conf file? Looked around and can't
    > find this documented anywhere.

    It's documented in the source :-)

    If canon.conf is empty or doesn't exist, /dev/scanner is used,
    otherwise the device mentioned in canon.conf.

    > Currently been trying variations of:
    > scsi canon
    > b2t2l0 # <- this is the device

    If this is the normal name for SCSI devices with OS/2, that's correct.
    I don't think the automatic detection by "scsi canon" will work with
    OS/2.

    > [sanei_debug] Setting debug level of canon to 4.
    > [canon] >> sane_init
    > [canon] sane_init: sane 1.0.3
    > [canon] >> attach_one
    > [canon] >> attach
    > [canon] attach: opening SCSI CANON
    > [canon] attach: open failed: Invalid argument
    > [canon] << attach_one

    That means that only "scsi canon" was tried and not b2t2l0. You can
    output more informative messages about the SCSI system with
    SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=255.

    Bye,
      Henning